Over the course of his career, Michael Fitzgerald has established a reputation as one of the best criminal defense lawyers in the state of Wisconsin.
Mr. Fitzgerald is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, a designation reserved for the most outstanding trial lawyers in the United States, and whose membership is limited to the top 1% of the practicing Bar.
Individually, Mr. Fitzgerald is listed in Best Lawyers in America for both white collar criminal defense and non-white collar criminal defense in Wisconsin.
In conjunction with U.S. News and World Report, the Best Lawyers in America publication has also issued its Best Law Firms rankings by practice area in each state. The rankings are based on an evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process.
Fitzgerald Law Firm is recognized in Wisconsin as a Tier 1 law firm in all three criminal defense categories: non-white collar criminal defense, white collar criminal defense litigation, and white collar government investigations. It is one of only two firms in the state to have achieved a Tier 1 ranking in all three categories. Additionally, it is one of four firms in the state recognized in the Super Lawyers Business Edition for litigation.
Prior to starting his current firm in 2011, Mr. Fitzgerald was a partner in the criminal defense firm of Glynn, Fitzgerald & Albee for ten years.
Professional Recognition and Honors
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America: White Collar Criminal Defense
- Best Lawyers in America: Non-White Collar Criminal Defense
- Best Law Firms in America: Wisconsin Criminal Defense
- White Collar Litigation – Tier 1
- Non-White Collar Litigation – Tier 1
- White Collar Government Investigations – Tier 1
- SuperLawyers: Wisconsin Criminal Defense
- SuperLawyers: Wisconsin White Collar Criminal Defense
- SuperLawyers Business Edition: White Collar Criminal Defense
- Super Lawyers Business Edition: Top Law Firms – Litigation
- Marquette University, 1985, J.D.; Lead Articles Editor, Marquette Law Review
- Creighton University, 1981, B.A., Political Science
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin